James D. Kuhn
Dr. Kuhn performs minimally invasive joint replacement of the hip and knee as well as partial knee replacement (traveling to Oxford, England to learn the technique from its developers) and arthroscopic sports medicine knee surgery. In addition, he treats many patients with fractures through his coverage of the emergency rooms at the Maine Medical Center, Mercy Hospital, and Stephens Memorial Hospital. He has used his advanced training to help Mainers overcome injury and birth deformities and has also provided charity reconstructive surgery for children with complex limb deformities brought to Portland from Guatemala, Jamaica, and the Congo.
Dr. Kuhn joined MaineOrtho in 1998. He lives in Falmouth with his wife and three children and enjoys fishing, skiing, men’s hockey, and slicing golf balls in his spare time.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Maine Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Education & Training
- SUNY School of Medicine, Buffalo, NY
- George Washington University, residency , Washington, DC
- Maryland Center for Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction, fellowship in limb reconstruction, Baltimore, MD
- Co-Chair of the Orthopaedic Integration Task Force
- Served three years as the chairman of the Southern Maine Orthopaedic Movement Co.
- Served two years as the treasurer of the Maine Medical Center Executive Committee
Primary Contact Info