This is a test title
Samuel S. Scott, MD
Dr. Scott specializes in disorders of the hand and wrist. He treats all age groups and has a special interest in joint replacement surgery in the hand. Dr. Scott treats emergency referrals and is on the panel of hand surgeons at both Maine Medical Center and Mercy Hospital.
Dr. Scott was born in New York, raised in Connecticut, and has been in private practice in Portland since 1988 and with MaineOrtho since 2011. He lives with his wife in Cumberland and enjoys sailing and boating along the Maine coast. He is a trustee of the Hurricane Island Foundation and a former trustee of the Hurricane Island Outward Bound School.
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Education & Training
- Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH
- Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital, residency in orthopaedics, Lebanon, NH
- St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital, hand fellow, New York, NY
- Chief of Surgery at Mercy Hospital
- Vice President-elect of the New England Hand Society,