Phone: (207) 783-1328
Jeffrey Bush, MD
Dr. Jeffrey Bush is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in hip and knee replacement surgery and arthroscopy. Along with his brother, Matthew Bush, also a CMO physician, Dr. Bush is carrying on the family tradition as third-generation orthopaedic surgeons. He joined CMO in 2006, and he is currently the Medical Director of the Orthopaedic Institute of Central Maine (OICM).
I grew up on a farm in Pennsylvania with my brother Matt who is also a CMO physician. We are carrying on the family tradition as third-generation orthopaedic surgeons. Our grandfather, Leonard F. Bush, founded the orthopaedics department at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania. Our father, David C. Bush, practiced hand surgery at Geisinger.
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Maine Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons (MSOS)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Maine Medical Association (MMA)
Education & Training
- Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA, Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, Master of Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
- Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center, New Brunswick, NJ, residency in orthopaedic surgery
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, fellowship in adult reconstructive surgery