James A. Wilkerson, MD
Dr. Wilkerson is a board-certified hand surgeon who specializes in disorders of the hand, wrist and elbow in children and adults. He has published multiple papers and book chapters on acute, chronic, and traumatic conditions involving the upper extremity.
Dr. Wilkerson was born in New York City and raised in northern New Jersey. He and his wife have two children and live in Cumberland. When not seeing patients Dr. Wilkerson enjoys spending time with his family and hiking, skiing, and biking throughout Maine.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- Associate Master Instructor for the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
Education & Training
- Brown University, Medical School, Providence, RI
- University of Maryland Medical Center, surgical internship and orthopaedic residency, Baltimore, MD
- Columbia University, fellowship in hand, upper extremity and microvascular surgery, New York, NY
Serves on the ASSH volunteer services committee. and has previously volunteered on surgical relief missions to Haiti and Vietnam.