Depending on where you are in the state, you are either seeing rain or snow outside of your window. Either way, cool and wet days call for a warm delicious dinner. Check out this healthy recipe for lemon and herb roasted chicken and vegetables.
1 pound small red-skinned potatoes, quartered
2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 stalks celery, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
2 teaspoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 1 3/4 pounds)
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 lemon, halved
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Adjust the oven rack to the top position and preheat to 450 degrees F.
- Toss together the potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper on a rimmed baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Roast until the vegetables brown slightly and the potatoes just begin to soften, about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Meanwhile, rub the chicken breast skin with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle with the poultry seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Once the vegetables begin to soften, put the chicken breasts on top and roast until the skin is golden brown and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts and let them rest for a few minutes. Toss the roasted vegetables with juice from 1 of the lemon halves and the parsley. Cut the bones from the chicken breasts and slice the meat.
- Divide the chicken and roasted vegetables among 4 plates. Cut the remaining lemon half into wedges and serve alongside.
Enjoy! To receive more recipes and healthy tips, sign up for our monthly Healthy Together e-newsletter in the box below.